Thursday 4 April 2013

Shopping for vintage things!

I went shopping for vintage bits a couple of weeks ago (I think I mentioned in my Felixstowe post at the time) and I thought I'd show you what I found and do a mini 'haul' post!

My favourite piece for the day was the lovely wooden sewing box, complete with vintage sewing ephemera which I was surprised to discover once I'd bought it!

I also picked up a couple of cute cookie cutters; a clover/shamrock and a teacup. I get slightly over-excited about cookie cutters. I'm not sure why. But I feel the need to keep collecting new shapes and sizes to add to my collection!

Another slightly random purchase was a couple of drawer/cupboard ring pulls. I think I was drawn to these because my parents used to have an old record cabinet in their living room with similar handles on. I'm not sure what I'll use these on yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something!

The last two purchases are just pretty and don't really have a story behind them. I've been wanting a suitcase/trunk for storage for ages and found this one in TK Maxx (so not exactly an antique!), and I just fell in love with the cake stand; hopefully planning to use as craft storage but haven't quite worked it out yet!

Amelia xx











2 comments:

  1. Oh God, I'm so jealous of you. Especially for the suitcase and the sewing box. Whenever I get something I love, I always want to use them to store everything yet at the same time I feel no purpose would do the item justice. Lol. Dilemmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage finds! And I love that suitcase trunk you came across at TJ Maxx. They always have cute luggage pieces.

    ReplyDelete