So I've sacrificed a day of annual leave to sit at home and hold a vigil until the very important lorry-of-IKEA-goodness arrives.
And I'm bored out of my skull.
Things I've done today while waiting for the delivery:
- Made 4 cups of tea
- Drank 3.5 cups of tea
- Done 2 loads of washing up
- Completed 3 levels of Lego Harry Potter to 100%
- Put 1 load of washing into the washing machine
- Given my hair a trim
- Eaten 1 packet of Worcestershire sauce crisps
- Given myself a full face of make up
- Tried out my new mascara
- Caught up with The New Normal
- Installed a ton of updates on my laptop
- Cleared a pathway through the house to the spare room
And now I'm sitting on the sofa staring out the window, willing the truck to arrive.
I may have also done the one thing everyone does when they're bored (admit it, you know you have too) - taken a load of photos of myself on my iPad pulling different faces...
On a side note, I'm quite impressed by the IKEA delivery system - I got a call around half 9 saying they'd be here in about an hour and it was great to have a bit of notice. They arrived at about 10.45 and carried all the boxes up to the spare room for me. Dead pleased!