Wednesday 16 January 2013

A blank canvas

Hi, (I feel like I should introduce myself) I'm Amelia. I've started this blog as a sort of project book, a place to keep my inspiration, my projects, my ramblings - and to encourage me to finish my projects once I start them, as I seem to get easily distracted...

I've been meaning to set this up for a while and, after moving house, starting a new job and settling into my new life I've finally got round to it.

I'm not sure yet how often I'm going to post or exactly what I'm going to post about, but I'm excited to see how it will take shape. Here is a list of some of my interests/hobbies/obsessions, so I guess this will be mostly what I'm posting about:

  • I love making things;
  • I also like baking things (hehe I know baking is technically making, but I love that it rhymes... simple things :)...);
  • I really like sending things through the post to friends and family (this is where the name Happy Postbox came from... I love that feeling of getting mail, and I love cheering people up by sending them things);
  • I quite like shopping, nail varnish and make-up (although it feels weird to write that down as I always used to be such a tomboy!);
  • I also really like learning new things, so I might document a few of my learning pursuits as I go along;
  • And finally I tend to get random obsessions out of nowhere (a few months ago its was Konad nail art stamping, and before that it was Tim Holtz distress ink), so really it could be anything... how exciting!

So that's me, and I'm going to see how it goes, see which bits I enjoy the most and take it from there I suppose. And at least my blank canvas is slightly less blank now :).



No comments:

Post a Comment